Before the heating season begins, it is essential to have a certified furnace contractor in Los Angeles clean and inspect your system to guarantee that all of its components will operate properly. An inspection will ensure that your heating system operates more efficiently, whether a furnace, boiler, or rooftop unit, and will reduce the money you spend on unnecessary repairs.
Ways To Improve The Efficiency Of Your Heating System
- Change The Air Filters: If you want to prevent your heating system from slowing down due to blocked air filters, you should replace them every one to three months. A unit with clogged filters may have to work harder to circulate air around your home. It can lead to system wear and tear, an increase in energy consumption, and a decline in the air quality within your home.
- Modify Your Thermostat’s Settings: If you find it difficult to adjust the device before you leave for the day, you can replace it with a smart thermostat or a programmable thermostat. Using this device, you can plan your heating schedule automatically and save substantial electricity. It also provides information on your energy consumption, helping you save even more money.
- Check For Leaks And Repairs: Air leaks in your home’s doors, windows, and even ducting can harm your energy efficiency and comfort. Weatherstripping and caulk can considerably assist in preventing and repairing air leaks, which, if left unchecked, can drastically increase monthly energy expenditures.
If something doesn’t appear right with your heating system, you should address the problem immediately and call for heating services in Los Angeles.
- Avoid Excessive Cycling At Once: When subjected to overly long switching cycles, the lifespan of a heater is severely reduced (on and off cycles lasting for longer than 30 to 60 seconds). Due to these extended cycles, resistance wires are subjected to a large number of substantial temperature fluctuations.
It promotes the degeneration of the resistance wires and ultimately causes the heater to fail. Eliminate this issue by installing solid-state relays (SSRs) and adjusting the programming of the temperature controller to use a switching time basis of 1 or 2 seconds.
- Schedule Preventive Maintenance: Setting aside time regularly for heating services in Los Angeles is necessary to maintain the efficiency of your heating system. Regularly replacing the air filter is essential, but you should also ensure that all vents in the walls, ceiling, and floors are free and unobstructed. It is important to ensure that no objects block air vents, as this could limit the heating system’s efficiency.
In addition to these basic checks, it is essential to schedule preventative maintenance for your heating system. A qualified furnace contractor in Los Angeles is advised to do maintenance tasks such as checking fluid levels, cleaning internal components, and calibrating the system.
- Prevent Sludge Buildup: Keep the heater sheaths as free of scaling, and sludge as possible when working with liquids. It causes the heater elements to operate at higher temperatures than intended, resulting in a premature breakdown. In addition, ensure that the silicone lubricant does not contact the heated component.
Contact Precise Air Systems if you notice any issues that may affect your HVAC system’s working or efficiency.