Why Is Your Furnace Running But There Is No Heat?
Furnaces are a common type of heating system, but they can be complex to comprehend. If you have experienced waking up in a cold home during winter and finding that your furnace is running but not producing heat, you understand how frustrating it can be.
At Precise Air Systems, Inc., we’re here to help you understand what might be causing your furnace to malfunction. We provide services like heating tune-ups and furnace replacements in Glendale, CA. Call us today at (877) 724-7776 to schedule an appointment.
Causes Of Your Malfunctioning Furnace
There are several possible reasons why your furnace might be running but not heating your home. Some of the most common causes include the following:
- Dirty air filter: A clogged air filter is one of the most common causes of heating issues. It is responsible for trapping dirt, dust, and other airborne particles, so they don’t end up in your furnace. If the filter gets too full, it can restrict airflow and cause your furnace to overheat. It can damage the heat exchanger and lead to a loss of heat.
- Pilot light is out: Most furnaces have a small flame that ignites the gas when the furnace turns on. If this flame goes out, it can prevent your furnace from heating properly. Try relighting it yourself or call our heating professionals for help.
- Thermostat issues: If your furnace is running but not heating, the problem might be with your thermostat. Check to ensure the batteries are still working and that the thermostat is set to “heat.” If you have an older model thermostat, it might be time for an upgrade. Newer models are more accurate and can help you save money on your energy bills.
- The furnace is too old: Furnaces typically last around 15-20 years before they need to be replaced. If your furnace is approaching this age and has trouble heating your home, it might be time to invest in a new one. You can schedule a consultation for furnace replacement in Glendale, CA.
Preventative Measures To Help Mitigate Furnace Problems
- Schedule regular maintenance: Furnaces need to be serviced annually by a qualified technician. It helps to ensure that all parts are working correctly and that there are no potential issues. Schedule an appointment with us for a heating tune-up in Glendale, CA.
- Use quality filters: Cheap filters don’t last as long and cause your furnace to work harder. Try using a pleated air filter to help prolong the life of your furnace. Also, change your filter regularly, at least every three months.
- Monitor humidity levels: Too much humidity in your home can cause condensation in your furnace, which leads to corrosion and other issues. Use a humidifier or dehumidifier to help control the moisture in your home and protect your furnace.
- Switch to a programmable thermostat: Programmable thermostats prevent furnace issues by allowing you to set a schedule for your furnace. This way, you can ensure the furnace is only running when needed.
If you’re having trouble with your furnace, the heating professionals at Precise Air Systems, Inc. can help you with your heating needs. Contact us at (877) 724-7776 for a heating tune-up in Glendale, CA, and furnace replacement in Glendale, CA.