Where Is The Reset Button On Your Furnace?
If your furnace has been having issues lately, you may wonder where the reset button is. You can find this button in different locations depending on the make and model of the furnace, but it is typically located near the control panel. In some cases, it may be located on the side of the furnace. If you require assistance, contact our furnace contractor in Los Angeles, CA, at Precise Air Systems, Inc. to locate the reset button on your furnace.
Things To Check Before Resetting The Furnace
Before you press the reset button, following all the proper steps for your specific type of furnace is essential.
- Oil furnace: For an oil furnace, you will need to check the oil level and ensure enough oil is in the tank. You should also check the fuel filter and clean or replace it if necessary.
- Gas furnace: With a gas furnace, you will need to check the pilot light to ensure it is lit. You should also check the gas valve to ensure it is turned on.
- Electric furnace: For an electric furnace, you will need to check the circuit breaker or fuse to ensure that it is not tripped or blown. You should also check the thermostat to ensure it is set to the correct temperature.
Steps To Reset Your Furnace
Once you have checked all of the appropriate things for your furnace type, follow these steps to reset your furnace:
- First, locate the reset button on your furnace.
- Next, press and hold the reset button for about 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds have passed, release the reset button.
- Now, you should hear your furnace start-up. If it does not start up, you may need to repeat these steps before you call a furnace technician for assistance.
If your furnace still isn’t working after resetting it, you may need to contact a furnace contractor in Los Angeles, CA. For further assistance or when it’s time to consider HVAC replacement in Los Angeles, CA, our team at Precise Air Systems, Inc. can help you choose and install a new furnace that will keep your home warm all winter long. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment.
Consequences After Resetting Your Furnace Without Professional Assistance
Resetting your furnace without the assistance of a furnace contractor may lead to the following consequences:
- Your furnace may not start up: If you don’t follow the right steps, it may not start up when you try resetting it. It can be frustrating and leave you in the cold, so it’s important to ensure that you know what you’re doing before trying to reset your furnace on your own.
- Trip the circuit breaker: If you’re not careful, you could accidentally trip the circuit breaker when you reset your furnace. It can cause an inconvenience and may require a professional to come and fix it for you.
- Damage your furnace: If you don’t know what you’re doing, you could accidentally damage your furnace when you reset it, leading to expensive repairs or even replacement.
- Void the warranty: If your furnace is still under warranty, resetting it without the help of a professional can void the warranty.
It’s always recommended to obtain assistance from furnace contractors like Precise Air Systems, Inc., who have years of experience dealing with furnaces. We can help you reset your furnace properly so you won’t have to worry about any of the above consequences. Give us a call today at (877) 724-7776 to schedule an appointment for an HVAC replacement in Los Angeles, CA.