When it comes to heating your home, it’s important to keep your furnace in quality working order. Maintaining your furnace includes regularly cleaning the different parts and components, including the ignitor sensor. The ignitor sensor is responsible for sparking the flame that heats the air in your furnace. A build-up of dirt and debris can prevent the ignitor sensor from working properly, which is why it’s essential to clean it regularly.
At Precise Air Systems, Inc., our professionals recommend cleaning your furnace ignitor sensor every six months. Our technicians are experienced in furnace service and can clean your ignitor sensor quickly and efficiently. Contact us today at (877) 724-7776 to schedule an appointment for furnace service or heating installation in Los Angeles, CA, and the surrounding areas.
To clean your furnace ignitor sensor, you will need the following:
- A Phillips head screwdriver.
- A soft brush attachment for a vacuum cleaner.
- A can of compressed air.
Instructions To Clean Your Furnace Ignitor Sensor:
- Turn off your furnace and disconnect the power supply.
- Remove the access panel to your furnace ignitor sensor.
- Use a screwdriver to remove the screws that hold the ignitor sensor in place.
- Carefully remove the ignitor sensor from its housing.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment to remove dirt or debris from the ignitor sensor.
- Use a can of compressed air to blow any remaining dirt from the ignitor sensor.
- Reattach the ignitor sensor to its housing and replace the access panel.
- Reconnect the power supply to your furnace.
- Turn on your furnace and test the ignitor sensor to ensure it is working properly.
If you are uncomfortable cleaning your furnace ignitor sensor or need assistance, contact the HVAC professionals at Precise Air Systems, Inc..
Benefits Of Cleaning The Furnace Ignitor Sensor
- Prolongs the life: If you keep the furnace ignitor sensor clean, it will last longer. By cleaning the build-up of dirt and debris, you are preventing corrosion and rust, which can damage the ignitor sensor.
- Improves heating efficiency: When the ignitor sensor is not working properly, your furnace has to work harder to heat your home. It can lead to higher energy bills and decreased heating efficiency.
- Prevents fires: A dirty or damaged ignitor sensor is a fire hazard. Regularly cleaning your ignitor sensor can prevent a fire from starting in your furnace.
If you need help cleaning your furnace ignitor sensor or are interested in heating installation in Los Angeles, CA, contact Precise Air Systems, Inc. today. Our professionals can help you keep your heating system in quality working order. We also provide HVAC installation in Los Angeles, CA, so if you are in the market for a new heating system, we can help. Give us a call at (877) 724-7776 to schedule an appointment, or visit our website to learn more about our services.