Furnace Clicks On But Does Not Ignite: Is This A Problem?
The furnace not firing up could be due to various issues and is a common problem most people face at some point with their heating systems. Our team at Precise Air Systems, Inc. understands how disruptive and frustrating this can be, which is why we want to help you get to the bottom of the issue as soon as possible so that you can have heat in your home. Contact us today at (877) 724-7776 for HVAC service in Glendale, CA, and the surrounding areas.
There are a few causes for the furnace clicking on but not igniting. Some of the common causes are the following:
- Dirty air filter: Air filters can become clogged over time with dust and debris. If your air filter is dirty, it will not be able to ignite properly and will just click. Cleaning or replacing your air filter regularly can fix this issue, or if the problem persists, you can contact us for HVAC service in Glendale, CA.
- Thermostat issues: If your thermostat is not set correctly, it could be the reason why your furnace is not firing up. Ensure that your thermostat is set to “heat” and that the temperature is turned to the desired level. If you have an older analog thermostat, it might be time for an upgrade. Smart thermostats are much more accurate and can save money on your heating bill.
- Pilot light is out: If your pilot light is out, then there will be no gas flowing to the furnace, and it will not be able to start. You can relight the pilot light yourself, but if you are not comfortable doing this, contact our heating professionals today, and we will be happy to help.
- Gas valve issues: The gas valve supplies gas to the furnace. If there is an issue with the gas valve, then gas will not be able to flow properly, and the furnace will not be able to ignite. You will need to have a heating contractor come out and take a look at your gas valve to see if it needs to be replaced.
- Faulty igniter: The igniter starts the combustion process in your furnace. If it is faulty, it will not be able to create the spark necessary to start the fire. You will need to replace your igniter or contact our heating professionals if this is the issue.
If you have issues with your furnace, contact Precise Air Systems, Inc.. Our heating contractors are experienced and provide reliable HVAC services in Glendale, Los Angeles, CA, and the surrounding areas. We will be able to quickly diagnose the problem and get your furnace up and running in no time. Give us a call today at (877) 724-7776 to schedule an appointment, or visit our website to learn more about our services.